Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DIY // Pipe Table





My husband and I recently made our own exposed closet out of galvanized pipes, planks of wood and pieces from IKEA’s Stolmen collection. After we had built our closet and were incredibly pleased we brainstormed other projects that would utilize pipes such as bookshelves and tables.

The oddly shaped nook we currently use as a makeshift office desperately needed a new desk we looked and looked everywhere, but no one made a desk even close to the proper size. Then we remembered the idea we had several months ago. After taking all the proper measurements we were off to the hardware store to buy some pipe.

Here’s what we got:



Fittings
6 // Flanges
6 // Threaded Tees
4 // Caps

Pipes
6 // 1/2 x 12"
1 // 1/2 x 30"
4 // 1/2 x 18"
2 // 1/2 x  5"
Tips:
Start building the table left to right. Because of the direction the pipes are threaded you cannot build the legs separably. 
   
Wait to place the cap on until the last and adjust them to the proper height to make your table level. 


Here is what we used for the table top:

3 comments:

  1. There's certainly a great deal to know about this subject. I love all of the points you made.

    Feel free to visit my blog :: diet plans that work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea of the industrial design. I have used this method in form of a curtain rod for my husband's man cave .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea of the industrial design. I have used this method in form of a curtain rod for my husband's man cave .

    ReplyDelete